Myth Structure for Writers
Use this ancient and incredibly popular story structure to create a story that resonates wherever you are!
If you’ve ever wondered what the “Hollywood Formula” is – this is it. Since the dawn of time stories have followed a pattern that makes them satisfying. Pretty much all of the greatest stories of all time fit this mould. Why? Because it’s flexible enough to contain your greatest creativity but universally enough to give you comfort.
With Myth Structure for Writers you can create stories that will endure wherever you are.
The Myth Structure – as presented by Christopher Vogler in his amazing book “The Writer’s Journey” takes years of research from story guru Jospeh Campbell and distills it into 12 key story moments and sequences that recur in the greatest of stories. These have titles like “Crossing the Threshold”, “Road of Trials”,”Meeting with the Mentor” and others. Once you get these into your head – you’ll see them everywhere. They are the basic building blocks of storytelling!
In the Myth Structure for Writers App you will find:
- A visual map of the basic blocks of a Myth Structure story
- Detailed explanations of the key events that unfold in these fundamental moments or sequences
- Approximate placements in your script of each moment or sequence
- A section for each on Life Parallels explaining how what we tell in a story relates to our own journey through life
- Key elements to consider in each sequence
App Features include:
– 12 steps explained in detail
- 12 moments and sequences explained in detail
- A My Projects area that allows you capture the stories that work in your projects
- Options to export your story in editable or PDF format
Check out these other indispensible Little Apps for Writers: